Saturday, April 16, 2005

Taking one for the team

Last night we took the SURGE (junior high) students to the ice rink for a fun game of broomball. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is similar to hockey except you don't have skates, just your shoes, and you use a broom and ball, no hockey sticks or puck. It is funny to watch people try and run and then fall on their butts.

Of course my team won, no thanks to me though. I helped assist a few goals but didn't score any of my own. I did take a few falls though trying to get the ball away from the other team. I fell really hard on my knees and now I have a huge bruise and lump on my left knee. Oh well I am tough.

After we got back to the church, we were waiting for the last few parents to come pick up their children. I don't know how it got started, but we ended up playing four square on the church patio. The ball was hit into my square and I sort of had to reach for it. I lost my balance and fell into the tree. I am serious, I fell onto the tree and scraped my arm. What a great night. We had so much fun with all the kids. They really enjoyed it.

Props to Bruce Landon for taking two chunks of skin off either side of his face and Andrew Seely for eating everyone's leftover pizza crust.

No comments: