Thursday, April 16, 2009

Space

Today I am feeling really down. I am sad and depressed and unmotivated and I don't really know why.

I have been sitting here staring at my computer screen for some time now and I have no desire to do anything. Is there something about my office that depresses me? Is it the space, the color, the drabness or just the fact that I am not thrilled with the work that I do? Am I just not being fulfilled by my job?

Is there something that I can do to make my job (and my life) more enjoyable on a daily basis? Will I ever be motivated and eager to do my work at this job? Would painting my office help? I should go buy stuff that is pretty for my desk.

Maybe there is more behind my unsatisfaction. Maybe there are deeper issues that I need to find and work out.

But for today I am in a slump. I feel like curling up in a ball and crying. Why can't I just be happy?

No comments: