Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 16 or 16 weeks and 3 days

This was a hard month. It was so hard not knowing if the baby was still alive and growing. On Monday I had another appointment with Dr. Trites. I wasn't expecting too much except for a blood draw.


She did take some more blood for ANOTHER test for Down Syndrome and she also went over my results from the previous tests. Everything was very good EXCEPT for my Vitamin D level.

Apparently, the normal range of Vitamin D for adults is between 50-75. For pregnant women, it should be in the higher range of 65-75, mine was 30 or 32. So now I am taking 50,000 IUs of Vitamin D for 8 weeks to try and get my level up.

At the appointment on Monday she also used the Doppler to listen to the baby's heartrate. Phew, there is still a heartbeat, that's a relief.

The due date has changed again. According to Dr. Trites, the new one is September 12. I just hope the baby is late rather than early. I really do not want to have the baby on September 11. I guess it's not that bad as long as the baby is healrhy, right?

No comments: