Thursday, October 11, 2007

heartache

I have really been struggling with my role in youth ministry. I know that I cannot be the ONE THING that "saves" kids, but I don't like to see them hurting either. I just don't know what to do or say to the people that I know are hurting. It is horrible what these kids are going through these days. More and more awful things are happening to our youth, things that I would never wish on anybody, ever. It is a sad reality, but I want to be able to do SOMETHING and I don't know what.

It is depressing.

2 comments:

slickpunk98 said...

We can pray and make ourselves available. I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now.

Unknown said...

just keep showing up Val.

eat with them, invite them to go grocery shopping with you, invite them to dinner, hang out, go to coffee, go to concerts, make them dinner, play cards........just show up for them.

that is what we all need.
cause sometimes words don't work.

just sit with them.
sit with them, one kid at a time!