Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Close, Yet So Far

Lately I have been feeling like John and I are so distant and not as close as we used to be. I guess that is to be expected since he is in school and busy studying when he gets home. But even when we are together and we just sit and watch tv, I feel so far apart.

This weekend was a good reconnect. We spent Friday night together (when I finally escaped from work). We had a fabulous dinner at Roy's for my birthday and boy did we splurge....drinks, appetizer, dinner, dessert (we got two, one small one for my birthday and then another full dessert). It was fantastic. Saturday I had to work for the Presbytery event at our church and after I got back John and I went housesitting for the Dials and did TONS of laundry. We had three full baskets/suitcases full of dirty laundry. It was great, we laid around and watched the entire first season of Heroes while doing the laundry. It was fun and relaxing. On Sunday we spent the morning and afternoon with John's family and celebrated his grandmother's and my birthday. And yes, we did watch the Oscars. Thanks to the Lofgren's for having us over.

This weekend was fun but last night was the best. When John got home from school he was supposed to write a paper but instead we just hung out. It was so nice, I felt like I had my husband back even if it was just for a night. We laughed together and held each other.......and watched the Biggest Loser. It was so nice.

I know this whole school thing is only a couple more years, but it is a lot harder than I expected. I miss John and would like him to be "home" more. By home I mean, emotionally available and not so preoccupied. Oh well, I will have to survive for 2 and 1/4 years.

No comments: