Monday, March 07, 2005

What a weekend....

The past few days have been amazing. Not necessarily in a good way though. A lot has happened and I really haven't had much time to sit and write about it. So now I am taking the time.

Let me start by saying that this weekend was already crammed with fun activities, that I didn't need any more. I am going to kind of go day by day.

Friday was nothing unusual, I had class in the afternoon and then worked. Friday night I had to rush home after work and get dolled up to go to Kerri and Sharon's mystery dinner that they were hosting. Had tons of fun there. When I came home John came over and hung out for a little bit and we watced a movie and just chatted. We stayed up until about 1:30 and were dreading waking up in the morning to go snowboarding.

On Saturday me and my fellow SURGE advisors had to get up early and meet some students at the church at 6:15 to go snowboarding. Now mind you, John left my place at 1:30 so I am already not getting a lot of sleep. Nicole and I both prayed that night that God would help us to get enough sleep and be able to wake up in the morning.

Let me just tell you that God is faithful and He does answer your prayers, sometimes not in the way you might have expected. At 3:45 or 4 in the morning I woke up to a car horn honking, nothing unusual for our building and area. So off to sleep I went. A few moments later I was awoken by Nicole screaming for me to get out of bed because there was a fire in our apartment building. YIKES!!! I started to freak. I didn't know what was going on and I was petrified. So I grabbed my shoes and my jacket and cell phone and ran outside. As I left our front door I looked to the left where huge orange and black flames and cloud were shooting up from the end of our building. I wasn't sure if it was in the parking area or if the actual building was on fire. We evacuated the apartments, or tried to and the fire department was there immediately. I am not sure exactly what happened, but all I know is that 4 cars were burned down the frame, unrecognizeable. It was the scariest thing in my life. So needless to say, we got our "wake up" call. I just can't believe how God works in lives. He is so amazing. I have been learning so much and I am going to have to continue this post tomorrow, because I am so tired.

I am going to sleep but check back soon for a follow up post.

Today I am thankful for the food God has provided for me and for friends to cook it for me!!

No comments: