Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What is it about?

I know the holidays are fast approaching and everyone is talking about what the holidays really mean. I am looking forward to being with my family again and having some time with them, but I haven't bought our plane tickets yet. Airline prices are through the roof and John and I really don't have the money. I do get one ticket for $50 because of my Alaska membership, but one ticket is over $400. Yikes!! Not only do we have to fly, but we also have to buy gifts and such for people. We are not planning to spend a lot on gifts, but that is still some kind of funds that have to come out of our account. I just don't want to be broke after the holidays.

So John and I have been thinking. This past weekend we spent a few hours at the Northridge Mall and I noticed that most stores are hiring just for the holidays. I jokingly commented that I should get a second job for the season so we could have some extra cash. Now, I am starting to really consider it. The mall is going to be open later and I get off work at the church at 5....I could work from 5:30-10 a few days a week while John is at class. It's not a ton of hours and I am never in bed before then anyways, so why not?

I really don't know if I should do it or not. I don't want to be doing it just for the money, but I do have to live and I do have to buy groceries. Hmmmm.

No comments: