Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"Resolutions"

I have mixed feelings about the phrase "new year's resolutions." Sometimes I get excited to think about all the things I want to change about me and my lifestyle. Other times, just the thought of making changes scares and overwhelms me.

Last night something hit me. I don't know what came over me, but I have decided that I have a few "new year's resolutions" (or whatever you want to call them):

1. To eat healthier (this includes):
a. Eating in more often for dinner (using Dream Dinners)
b. Taking lunches rather than going out and buying fast food
c. Eating breakfast daily (at home before I leave for work or at work)

2. To exercise more
a. Use my gym membership (that I have had for a few years and used 3 times)
b. Start a walking club with the ladies at work

3. Read more (both the Bible and leisurely)

4. Save money and pay off loans (this is more of a life resolution than just one year)

5. Keep a cleaner house and do smaller chores more frequently rather than letting them all pile up and then doing them

If you are my friend, please help me to keep on track, keep me accountable by asking how I am doing.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2008! Cheers.

No comments: