Friday, April 01, 2005

Grapes...my favorite fruit

Here is sort of an addition to my blog from Wednesday night. After SURGE was finished and everything boiled over, the advisors were feeling like we needed some drinks. So we all headed over to Andrew's house to have some drinks and nachos (See Andrew's Ghetto Blog). I got the royal treatment and had a wine tasting evening. Now you have to understand that I do not like wine or beer. I just can't get over the taste. So I mentioned to Andrew that I had tried a glass of Shiraz and actually liked it, so then he brought out four bottles of wine and we sampled some of each. I really enjoyed three but the fourth one had been open for awhile, so the taste was off a little. I had a Sauvignon Blanc, White Zinfandel, Merlot, and the one I didn't like so much was Pinot Noir. Oh ya, I guess I tasted five wines because he brought another brand of Shiraz. It is weird, I never thought I would like wine, but it turns out I do. I just want to sample some more and see the different tastes. Maybe we will actually go to a wine tasting somewhere. Who knows.

I have also been wanting to go dancing. Not like club dancing, real dancing. I want to go to a blues or jazz lounge that serves dinner and drinks and also has a band that plays so you can get up and dance whenever you want. Do you know of anywhere like that close by? Let me know, thanks.

Also, please continue to pray for my grandmother, she is having some difficulties right now and may possibly have to have a blood transfusion. We find out today what is going on and what needs to happen in the near future. Thanks for the prayers.

No comments: