Monday, November 15, 2004

Children #2

These last few days have been all about children. It seems like everywhere I go, the subject of children comes up. What is the deal?

Yesterday I went to get my nails done with John and Nicole and while John and I were waiting, we were talking about how we would or wouldn't take our kids out shopping with us. Then the whole babysitting experience.

Today, I had my emergency procedures class. We talked about poisoning, and bites, and other emergencies, but then came the fun part. Can you guess what we talked about??? Yep, that's right, emergency CHILD BIRTH. We had to watch this lovely video of a woman giving birth. My class is so mature, everybody was making jokes and stuff, I felt like I was back in middle school or high school. I have REALLY decided that I am not going to have 4 or 5 kids just because of the birthing process. I don't know if I can handle all the pain and pressure.

It was so sad. This kid that sits behind me in class passed out because he couldn't handle the video. All of a sudden he just fell to the floor and seized a little bit and we all just stared at him, and then our teacher came over and helped him. You would think that all of us, would like rush over and be eager to practice what we have been learning, but we just yelled for the teacher.

Good times....not having so many children.

No comments: