Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Why must you be so difficult?

Working at Freudian Sip (a coffee shop on campus) is really getting on my nerves. Especially Wednesday nights. Hence, I am writing about it to release the tension built up inside of me.

Our coffee shop closes at 9, and the 7-10 classes usually take a break at about 8:30 or 8:45. That means that they all come in and place special orders because we are the only place open on campus that late. I had everything cleaned and ready to go and then like 25 people came in and 5 ordered frappes (our version of frappechinos) and the rest ordered usual drinks. It is just frustrating because I want to get out on time and then I can't because I have to reclean everything. Oh well, that was just 20 minutes of my time at work, the rest was fun.

It was all girls working tonight, so what did we do but flirt with the male customers to try and get more tips (it worked we made $4 each). Of course we picked and chose our flirting customers. It was fun, and it passes the time.

When I first got to work my manager pulled me out into the hallway....I thought something was wrong, that I had done something bad, but I had just gotten there. It was so nice, he told me that we were going to be training the new people that are going to be working at other Freudian Sips when they open and that may mean an additional pay increase (but I am not holding my breath). Also, he told me that he was very thankful to have me as a "red shirt" (supervisor) and so he is taking me and the other red shirt (also named Val) out to brunch one sunday. How cool is that? I felt so good that he actually recognizes how much we do for him and that it is good quality work.

Enough about work, I am off now, now it is "me" time.

No comments: