Sunday, November 14, 2004

Children...God's little miracles...or are they?

I was just babysitting for the couple bible study at our church. They meet every other week in someone's house. This week we were in this immaculate, huge house. It was amazing, I want to have a house like this one day.

Anyhow, that is beside the point. We (Nicole and I) babysit for 8 kids. For the most part, they are pretty controlable, they listen and obey well. But then there are the few that have separation anxiety and scream the ENTIRE time. I am not exaggerating. This one kid screamed for his mom for two hours straight. It was awful, it gave me the worst headache.

So this made me rethink how many children I want to have as my own. I have always said that I wanted 4 or 5 kids. But now that I have been babysitting more often, I don't know how I could handle having that many kids running around screaming all day. But then again, my kids would hopefully been more disciplined and well behaved, but there is no telling before you give birth. Maybe I will only have 3 kids. We'll see I guess.

No comments: