Friday, November 26, 2004

Vacation? I don't think so....

What an adventure. I left from Northridge and headed to Van Nuys to catch a cheap shuttle that drops you off right at LAX (thanks Sheila). It was a good investment, for only $3.50 they drop you off right in front of your airline check-in and you don't have to deal with the stress of driving into LAX. So I arrived at LAX at about 2:30 and my plane was scheduled to leave at 5:10.

I walked into Alaska Airlines, to which I was amazed! NO LINES!!!! I had checked in online, so all I had to do was drop off my bag. No line, and then I took my bag over to be checked for security, no line. Then I proceeded up the escalator to the security metal detectors, no line. By now, this has only taken me less than half an hour. It is not even 3 and I am sitting at the gate. What do you do in an airport for the next 2 hours? People watch....it is fun. They started to board the plane at about 4:45 at which they also announced that they were looking for people to take a "bump" onto a later flight because they were over booked. Of course, I took it because I got a FREE round trip ticket and a meal voucher to use. The only problem was that I had to wait for a flight that didn't leave until 9:30 at night. I had to sit in the airport for 7 hours total with no one to talk to, except those of you that I called. Anyhow so that was my wonderful adventure of sitting in the airport trying to keep busy.

Now I am home, and the madness has arrived. I got home to a peaceful house but was woken up Thanksgiving morning by my loud cousin Bert and my Aunt Sandy. I was so thrilled (did you catch my enthusiasm?). Dinner was wonderful because it was mom's and my Aunt Debi's jello salad was bomb as usual, and it was just amazing to get to hang out with the cous, and aunts and uncles I haven't seen since I graduated from high school. I love my family!!!

We are doing a family outing today to go bowling.....can't wait, I have wanted to go bowling for so long, and now we are all going as one big family. YAY!!!


No comments: