Thursday, December 02, 2004

I just can't get enough

Last week in my Deaf Culture class, we had a man come in who teaches at Columbia University in New York. He is a deaf man and teaches in the education dept. He was telling us about a master's program that they offer if you want to be an ASL teacher for grades 7-12. You go through this program and get certified and get your master's.

Basically, I think I am interested, but there are few road blocks. First, it would mean being away from my family for more time (2 or 3 years) and this time it is even further away, across the country. Second of all, is the money. I don't think I can afford to put myself through grad school. My parents informed me that I would have to foot the bill for that. Those are the two main issues, not including having no friends out there and being in an even bigger city than I am now. It is scary, but yet intriguing. So I don't know if I will persue that, but I am definitely considering it.


No comments: