Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I thought that was only for school?

When I came home for winter break, I was left without a job for some time. During this time I sat around and wondered what I should do, so Andrew told me to read and listen to what God was trying to tell me. So that is what I did. I went down to Barnes and Noble, and picked up a few books that he recommended. Also, for Christmas my parents bought me some Bible Studies. So I started reading the book, In the Name of Jesus, but put it down after Christmas and picked up the study of Ruth. I have always loved the story of Ruth, she is an amazing woman. So now, I am studying the book of Ruth as a whole, and not just the person. It is amazing to me how God can put certain things in your life just at the right time. The study is talking about love, not just romantic love, but love in all relationships, which is something that I have been struggling with lately.

So that is what I am reading/studying right now. But I also plan on studying King David and Elijah (the other two studies my parents got me).

Today I am thankful for long time, life-long friends. They are always around no matter what and are always going to be there no matter what. I love them.

No comments: