Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Family Ties

I just wanted to take a quick minute to remember my great uncle John. He died a few days ago of numerous heart attacks. He was having chest pain and being the kind of guy he was, didn't want to go to the doctor, but his four kids made him. He denied having chest pain while hooked up to the heart monitor when the doctor told him he was having a major heart attack. He went into surgery to try and fix his heart, but when he came out he had other complications and his kids decided to just let him go. So they "pulled the plugs." Today was the funeral service. My parents drove down to Oregon, but I did not want to go. I was tired from the weekend, and just wasn't in the mood.

Uncle John was a great guy. At least what I knew of him. He was always hilarious, making jokes and making us all laugh. I will never forget his long Santa looking beard.

Uncle John, you are now with your sister, my loving grandmother. Please be with her and take care of her and tell her I miss her a lot. I love you both and miss you too.

Death is such a hard part of life. I myself am not scared of dying, I just don't like dealing with the loss and pain of losing someone special. I can't get over the fact of the person not being here and not being able to see them until I die. I have only been to one funeral (my grandmother's) and that was enough for me. I don't like it, it was sad and hurt so bad to think that she was not going to be here anymore. I love you grandma and I know you are watching over me. RIP.

No comments: