Thursday, January 27, 2005

What lies ahead, or behind, or hidden...

I have been thinking about the future a lot lately. What am I going to do this summer? Am I going to return to Washington and continue working at the same restaurant I have been at for almost 4 years? Or am I going to stay in California and build on friendships and relationships that I have started or will start this semester? And then I think about a career, what am I going to be when I grow up? And who am I going to marry? When will my wedding be? Then I sit back and think to myself, who cares? Why am I wasting my time thinking about these trivia things? I should have the faith to know that God is going to answer these questions for me when the time is right. Not on my time, or when I want to know them (now!), but when God is ready to tell me Himself, when He feels I am ready to handle the answers He has for me.

I am trying to be thankful for the answers I do have and for each day that I have here. I am thankful that God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends to help me through my struggles. I know that I can always count on them for a pick me up. I need to stop worrying about tomorrow (Matthew 6:34) and be thankful for the days I have now, and those answers. Good night for now.

No comments: