Sunday, January 02, 2005

Time flies

Today I am thankful for the gift of hearing and sight. I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition and it really touched my heart. It was a family with Deaf parents and a hearing (normal) son, and the other son was blind and autistic. It is just amazing to me how they dealt with everyday occurences, yet had to worry about their son escaping in the night and not being able to sleep. It was hard for them to communicate with each other and I think alot of people take that for granted. It is hard to imagine being deaf or even blind. I look up to people that have high hopes despite their disabilities. That is why I am majoring in what I am. I want to help these people, I want to be a light in someone's life.

I cannot believe that it is already a new year. It seems like I just started school. I feel like I didn't go to school for the whole semester, it is amazing how time flies when you are having fun and enjoying life.

I am sad because this week all my friends are starting to head back to school and I am heading to Cali for a weekend, but I still have a month left here in Washington. How sad is that?

I have had such an amazing time while I have been home. It has been a mix of sadness, loneliness, but overall very fun and adventurous. I love coming home and getting together with the crew of girls and just having fun being together and catching up on life. It is weird how friendships never change. Good times girls.

My new year is going to be about having fun and not holding back. I am all about living life to the fullest with no regrets. I am tired of being that little girl who never takes risks and is always in the shadows. It is time for me to step out and live. I don't want to live how others want me to, I want to do what I want and I want to have fun doing it. It is a new year and I want to try new things, experience different cultures, and live out loud.

If you have something in mind that will help to achieve this goal let me know. I am all about doing these things with people and friends.

Peace.

No comments: